4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:21 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: 86 colt primer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:15 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

ok i just got a 86 cot and i have big plans. first off the car only has 32k org miles on it. the g32bt is compleat and will turn over. i have not tryed to start it yet, although the women i got it from said it was started about 2 years ago, and befor that had not been started for over 14 years. she got the car for her kid new in 86 he crashed it in 89. the front end was damiged. the body work was done by a shop, and the kid was going to put the rest back together, got a new truck, lost intrest, and never touched it again. she has all parts to put it back together, and thats where i am. i would like to do some work to it and i am now here looking for any help i can get. first off, is ther a body kit that i could trim up and make it work. also, what other cars other than the mirage share its chasies, for things like suspension, brakes, and other stuff like that. i plan to get some pics up soon. thanks every one, i look forward to talking to every one later.

Post subject: Re: 86 colt primer
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:11 am 
Some call me a god

Nice work on getting this car.

You'll enjoy driving it and working on it. There is little to no aftermarket support for a c12/c13. The colts and mirages are the same car not just platform. Others similar platforms, or possible parts interchange, are the Excels or Scoupes. The 86 turbos should have a body kit from the factory. You can also interchange some engine parts from other Mitsus of the same years like the Starion/Conquest or a turbo Cordia.

These cars are getting harder to come by, even in the wreckers, the turbo cars are few. Post up some pics and welcome to the site.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:31 am 

Thank you, i will get pics up soon. i am really hoping this gets easyer, but if not, oh well it will still be fun. any one else that has opinons feel free to add. thanks again every one.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:44 am 
Some call me a god

One piece I didn't mention, before you try and start it get whatever fuel is in that car out of it and put in some new fuel. That can be said for all the fluids, this car has been sitting for 16 years, right?

Go through the connectors on the Throttle Body/Injectors look at both the connector and what it connects too, (these like to corrode). Also check the two wire coolant temp sensor and its connector.

Check the turbo and see if it spins.

When the distributor's vacuum advance diaphragms get old they start to leak, this cause a hiccup problem and can break pistons. Check it by blowing/sucking on it to see if it's good. (This piece is hard to get new.)

The turbo version of the g32b is a non-interference engine, so there is less to worry about with timing belts.

There is a knock sensor on the back of the block.

You can read diagnostic codes from the ECU.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:22 pm 

j2dapo, you are the man. good to know info. i was thinking the fluid thing but the rest, I never even thought of. thanks again. i feel much better about things knowing there is help out there. also, i noticed that the air intake to the throttle body is very, i mean very small, and was thinking that is one peace that will be easy, and cheap to upgrade, along with a intercooler. any advice on that? other than all of that thanks again, i really cant wait to get this thing going.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:51 pm 
Some call me a god

Search the 1/2 gen section, you'll find more info on inter cooler setups some of us are using. Also put your location in your profile. It's a rule and helps us help you out.

Stop holding out on us, LOL, post some pics. :yawinkle:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:55 pm 

i will get pics up. should be tomorrow night. also i seen your pics in that post, my car looks the same only blue, gray. bro, your car is about what i am aiming for. there was another car on that thread that had a sweet lip, and side skirts. i like that look. any way the ic set up doesnt look to hard, and i had no idea there were that many out there, or they were so cool. man, i am even more stoked. hay last thing, what kinda hp do you think i could get out of that thing? safe!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:07 pm 

ok i have a few pics to put up but cant seem to figure it out. some one help. also i seen the mpi set up. i was going to try and have one made for me, but now, will i can get that intake, what all should i grab, also ecu, cheapest, and best. let me know this stuff and tell me how to post pics, please! thanks to every one

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:01 pm 
CSM Junkie

just buy MURR's setup hes selling all his stuff for his g32b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:00 pm 

oh hell i hope this works. and to think i am a sound and communications tech with the ibew.

http://www.4g61t.org/gallery/v/members/ ... 8_1310.jpg
http://www.4g61t.org/gallery/v/members/ ... 8_1311.jpg
http://www.4g61t.org/gallery/v/members/ ... 8_1312.jpg

i did it like this also.

Ninja Edit - you needed to right-click on each full size picture and select properties, and from there copy and select the image tag, just like editted it for you above. If you just use the line that gets you to the photo, in the link bar, it won't give you the exact image location.
Flying Eagle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:34 pm 

that works. thanks, we will see if i can do it next time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:37 pm 

Nice car even has the turbo spec's on the steering wheel still good luck man!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:07 pm 

^
im pretty sure every factory turbo 2nd gen had that. or at least the later ones did. both my 88 turbo's have it at least.