Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:31 pm 
Some call me a god

Quote:
im looking for one of those around my area but no luck at all :(
I went to return my old struts to PickNPull on New Year's Eve. I was just going to get my core deposit back but they where having a 1/2 price sale and I went in :oops: ( don't tell my wife LOL).

The two g32B hatches where gone/crushed, but I did see a C12A 89 Eagle Vista Hatch with a 1.5L. I pulled the front bumper and hood. The old hood has the eagle badge. (My old hood was all scuffed from a bar and the new front bumper is all white not white with black.)

Then I went for a walk and found another 88 g32b sedan, a Plymount Colt LX. I pulled the turbo before I left. I've never worked on a turbo before and this one looks like it has no shaft play. I'm going to try to get a rebuild kit for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:02 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Quote:
I pulled the turbo before I left.
Seriously, I hope you pulled the exhaust manifold along with the turbo. I looked at your photos and didn't see it however. The 3 bolt mounting flange on the turbo is a real oddity and the g32b exhaust manifold is about the only one that the turbo will bolt to. If the manifold is not cracked (many of them are) somebody will happen along soon enough here on the forum that'll need one if you don't.

Phil

Post subject: exhaust manifold
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:56 am 
Some call me a god

It was cracked badly and I left it. I do have a spare. It has 4 hairline cracks. One long one :-?
Let me know what you think of this spare manifold's condition.

I still have to check out the one currently on the car, I think I will use the best of the two.

On a side note, is the turbo on the g32b the same one found on the twin turbo 3000gt/stealth?

Post subject: Machining done
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:43 pm 
Some call me a god

Just an update. I've got the block back from the machine shop, decked, align honed, .5mm over cylinders/pistons, and crank ground down .01.

I'm having issues with the thrust bearing, but I think it may be fixed now and can start the assembly. The head was in good shape, and I should have it back next week. I just need to do the work and get it assembled.

94 Audi s4 - sold
88 Eagle Vista Turbo LX sedan, RIP

Post subject: More updates
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 pm 
Some call me a god

I've got the bottom end togther as well as the front cover, oil pump, and rear main seal. It's getting close .....

More pics here

I also remember there being a couple aligning collars on the top of the block so that the head and gasket get aligned. These are missing from the deck hone. I'm going to speak to my machine shop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:56 pm 
Looks good, keep us updated!!

Post subject: Install Update
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:49 pm 
Some call me a god

Got the old engine out and new one swapped in. At first I couldn't start it but I managed to get it going after swapping in the old distributor and switching the injector connectors. It ran at a very high idle for a few minutes until I shut it off.

The questions I have is, there are two injectors, brown and black coloured, and two connecters for those injectors, also coloured brown and black. I forgot how they where connected and had them color matched without any luck; as soon as I switched them it started.

Do I have a bad injector or are the connectors colour mismatched? ( black connector to brown injector, brown connector to black injector).

I've got an extra set of injectors and will try another swap.

Comments on initial start up? I need to get a timing light.

94 Audi s4 - sold

Post subject: Running
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:42 am 
Some call me a god

Thanks to 'Loud Brown Kicker Colt', the car is on the road again.

We spawped out a couple of sets of injectors and retorqued the head. Set the idle and timing. Car has been running fine for couple of days now. I need to look for boost leaks and loosen the timing belt tensioner.

The power of the new engine is nice, (I can now see 7 psi on the boost gauge).

mods:
- .5mm oversized pistons
- ported head by D&W
- port matched maifolds and turbine exhaust housing by me
- ACT heavy duty PP and organic disk (200 mm for 1.8L eclipse 4g37)
- Scoupe sway bar

future mods:
- 626 FMIC
- 1G BOV
- MBC
- td04-13g-6cm (if it fits the td04-9b-5cm exhaust housing)

94 Audi s4 - sold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:56 pm 
Some call me a god

There is something about the c10 i just love.
You just reminded me of my sedan which just sits there, covered, waiting for some lovin.
It will be awhile till i get back into these cars.
You will have fun with it, especially when surprising every other car on the road with it!!
cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:02 pm 
Some call me a god

as for the turbo, keep it a stock 9b, i had the 9b 11b setup, it spooled real quick, but it fell flat real quick too.
I like the 9b, run 14psi tops on it, and you will have fun. Otherwise, just go with a bigger turbo, and custom manifold.
Eventually, that is the way i might go if i keep the g32b in the c10(might go 4g63 one day)

I love the g32b simplicity and strength. Bullet proof IMO compared to the 4g6x motors.

Post subject: Update: 4G shifter
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:19 am 
Some call me a god

I installed a shifter out of a 94 summit into my 88. The base is slightly different but bolts right up. Although the shifter is longer the throws are much shorter and percise. It's a good mod.

I'll post a pic of the shifter soon, I also installed some other interior bling stuff (guages). Today I saw 10 psi on the boost guage :twisted:

I've got nearly 4000 Kms on the rebuild engine. It runs great now that I set the TPS but I need to adjust the ISC and SAS as it idles low when I start it.

I've got an audi rad ready to install and hopefully soon a 626 intercooler with a 1g recirc valve.
:drinkers:

94 Audi s4 - sold

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:29 pm 
Some call me a god

Bump this thread.

Just finished up with the IC and DSM recirc valve, (that I paid too much for but the welds are nice). Car is running great, on a daily basis!
Rear seal is good, clutch is good. I will most likely need a new slave cylinder soon, the Scoupe clutch master is working nicely.

The Colt Wagon/Expo sway bar works well.

I just got a TB gasket and injector mixer O-ring set, (I should have done when rebuilding), that I want to do before the MBC goes on. I can see some leaking around the mixer/TB.

I'm currently working on a better DSM/C10 hybrid shifter. The 4G CSM unit I have on there now it too long and one of the selector binds a little on the shifter base.

Soon I hope to try a td04 13g they flow 1/3 more than the 9b, more to come on this mod.

I would really like to make this car MPI with a 4g37 manifold. All I would need is a new ECU .... :-? Any ideas for this? I was thinking of modifying the distributor shaft with a Mitsu type CAS and then using a 4g6x ECU. I probably will not go that far, I want something with an AWD feel.

For now I am going to try and clean and prep a second distributor I have, and make this C10 run strong in a stockish form.

94 Audi s4 - sold

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:05 pm 
Restricted Newbie

awesome!!!

can't wait until you install the intercooler...

bump this thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:13 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

the last pic he posted showed the intercooler installed.....

very nice man, id kill to just find one turbo c10 in a yard. actually at this point i just need to find even a basic c10 for a set of bumpers.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:43 am 
Some call me a god

Thanks for the support :drinkers: .

I haven't seen a turbo c10 at the wreckers in a long time. The one I pulled shaharudin's turbo cluster from was not a turbo car but had that cluster in it. :wink: . There are usually atleast 3 c10 every time I go.
Last time there was 4 sedans and 3 hatches.

I need a good unclogged brown injector. I test fired the two I have and both are equally clogged, and are giving me grief under boost. My wideband reads 13 on cold conditions idle but gets bumped to high 14 when it warns up, idle and low load accel. I think this is too lean.

94 Audi s4 - sold