4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
Restricted Newbie

Hi, I'm Ais, 29, lives in Jakarta - Indonesia. I love my Mirage very much. these cars, in Indonesia, they named them lancer. Well, here are some details:
model type: Mitsubishi Lancer (Mirage) 1985
Engine type: 4G33 carburettor, 1.4L, SOHC 8 valves
Tranny: no Idea, but it is manual.
body type: 5-door hatchback

Some worked I'd done to the engine, and it ran 15 sec. in 1/4 mile.
All stock. no hi-po parts available for this type of engine. just some portings here and there.

I read all about the swapping things in the net. Kinda interested, so I bought a 4G67 (1.8L, DOHC) in a local junkyard. But a pitty was that the engine was not a complete stuff, you know... no harnesses and ecu. so when I asked a mitsubishi store for the harnesses and ecu..wow... those parts just beyond the reach of my pocket. So I have this crazy Idea, Why not I change the fuel system into a four-barrel side draft system ( I used two mikuni 45). I also swap the cranck sensor (u know, the one behind the camshaft) with another car's distributor ( I used a Daihatsu CDI distributor with a little modification). Others I think I still can use.

Still in progress though, donno if the tranny will fit or not.

I searched all the net, about swapping the 4G61/ 4G63 into the 87 mirage, like the one in http://www.insaneimportperformance.com but there wasn't any detailed tech. hmmm I wonder....

All I'm asking is, is there any modifications with the mounting to swap a 4G67 into a 85-87 mirage ? Or maybe other modification needed? Please give any technical advise

Post subject:
CSM Junkie

ok, check your email ais!! :wink:
i didnt see this befor answering your email!

ColtMax

Restricted Newbie

......well, got my engine fitted in my car....
All mountings are a perfect fit, but, the damn thing was that I wasn't be able to close the engine hood..... I checked and crossreferenced between my project with the one on the http://www.insaneimportperformance.com, I noticed that there's a slight difference in the L shape. The car uses th 4G15 has lower mounting hole than the car uses 4G33 or others.
Like I said earlier, I intent to use four barrel carburettor instead using injection. Why? Since I bought the engine, used and not complete in the injection system, and if, If I bought a new injection system, it cost a fortune....
The question is will the fourbarrel fit in the car, will there any spare room for it?..... pictures will coming up soon...... :lol: :D :roll: