4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I am looking at what it would take to do some swapping. I have the 84 turbo and love it but also have an 92 laser RS AWD. My thougths run wild about a swap of a 4G63 turbo :roll: into an 84 chassis. I would probably keep my current rides as is and get some doners to do the project with. I would like to know if any one has heard of this being done and or possibly getting some insight to the obsticles. I would really love to go all the way to turbo AWD chassis surgery if I knew that the engine/transaxle swap concept had been achieved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm 
Some call me a god

It has been done, i came across a guys website some time ago. He mentioned something about having to cut metal in the engine bay to allow for something. Its a tight squeeze. Look at the G32b already in there!!! As for transaxle fitments, not sure.

Anything can be done, it just depends on how much time you feel like donating towards such a fun cause!! I will bet custom work will be involved.

There is a guy in Vancouver canada with a 1.8 Honda motor in an 87 colt. I can send a link if anyone would like to see. Big turbo, Big FMIC, just another crazy project on the go.