Restricted Newbie

Hello!

I actually took ownership of this car lol
http://4g61t.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=101&t=41294

But anyhow it was still stock when i bought it

i yanked the oe motor out

bought a 91 eclipse gts pulled everything from that including harness
motor is apart getting new bearings head has bc springs and retainers
using a exhaust manifold and the stock turbo for now, so im now at the point where i have some questions from lerking on the forum can the stock vita fuel pump get the car running so i can get the bugs worked out before i have to drop the tank to do the fuel pump and then i saw on rock auto they sell colt turbo axles will they work in this swap for same year

can i run a

Post subject: Re: Hello from michigan!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:06 pm 

that is a 89 vista (van).. im not sure if anyone swaps them.. if u are on facebook look for abe nasher.. he is the guru on these years... I will also let him know to look here in case ur not on FB..

and if the fp is bad u have to replace it cause that is how fuel gets from tank to line...

Steve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:00 pm 
Restricted Newbie

I'm actually friends with him on facebook! I'm only aware of maybe 3 others that I've talked to that have seen or heard of these swapped of need be I can also take the knuckle from the eclispe I had if that will work I'm still unsure. The axle as the previous owner a few posts down is a head ache. I might have to take what they attempted to have work and go to Detroit axle ECT that's local have them make me custom shafts.

Vista was running and driving my question isn't if the fuel pump is good is if it will support a stock 4g motor from the factory they actually came with a 4g63 from the factory 2.0 so I'm unsure of what the pump was rated for from the factory. Info is few and far between

I plan on doing a build log for this if anyone wants to follow I have 300+ pictures already of the progress.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:51 am 
The Silent Administrator

Worst case, you install a dsm or any other fuel pump from a Mitsubishi with a 4g63, if it shares the same shape and size as your pump does. If your fuel rail also supports the same fuel pressure regulator as the 6 bolt 4g63, then you can also use that.

You have to match the FPR and it's base pressure to the ECU (assuming a stock ECU and no modifications or tuning chip installed) you will be using.

Pictures are great. You can add them to an album here on the site, it is the gallery function link in the top right grouping of links.

That way the pictures stay on the forum and don't go down. The site owner would like to implement a multi-item upload process but as of now it is by single photo upload.