4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 am

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:49 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

So recently I had to get my colt vista ready for California smog, so I was doing basic maintenance and replaced a few things during the tune up process, I inspected my throttle cable, and its metal cable was really badly frayed up,Image and like a lot of parts for these rare retro mini-wagons the dealer no longer has the part available, one option [that I eventually intend to have done at an atv/motorcycle shop] is have my stock cable repaired, but I found another option for other 1st gen colt vista owners, just in case your in the same situation and need a quick fix :D ...I ordered this cable from a local autozone, its made by pioneer part number CA-9004 [oem number: MB539514] and you can pull them from a wrecking yard off of 1990-1996 Mitsubishi mighty max pickups or 1990-1993 Dodge ram50 import pickups, it dose require some custom work to get it to work...The cable barely reaches the throttle butterflies, its a lot smaller then the stock cable, but it works pretty good, all the clips are the same as the stock vista cable, so installation is the same as if you were putting a stock one in, only a few notes...
:1 the metal firewall mount needs to be bent a little to avoid hitting the intake manifold. Image
:2 the cable has a rubber boot cover on the end of the cable[on the butterfly side] that needs to be torn off because it can get stuck in the linkage and cause a high idle condition on a vista I don't have pictures of this mini rubber dust cover but you will see it.
and thats about it hope this helps other vista owners out there.