4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Post subject: lets talk wipers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:45 pm 
CSM Junkie

love my car. but it rains alot here. the windshield wipers are sloooooow. drives me crazy. it has no high speed. I feel like I am in a car from the 70s. WTF mitsubishi. what where you thinking?

Post subject: Re: lets talk wipers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:49 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I haven't used the wipers on my turbo Colt in years now, can't relate again just yet. Tried the wipers on my parts car, during the winter while snow was on the windshield and had to shut them down because the linkage was popped and it was contacting the underside/trailing edge of the hood. Did buy new quality wipers from Bosch via RockAuto, so maybe I'll have some clean windows to talk about some time soon. I only wipe them when I have to because I currently don't have the stock reservoir in use as the intercooler piping comes through that spot. Next on the list. Getting back to wipers, I wonder what it would take to up the speed of the darn things? Quite possibly a few more components to beef things up and allow a greater speed ... but the motor probably only has one achievable high speed and a counterforce all built into its design.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:27 am 
CSM Junkie

I am considering getting a voltage converter off ebay and running them at 16-18v. either that or adapting a faster box. not sure what would be easier.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:00 pm 
The Silent Administrator

Not sure how that electrical conversion works, but as voltage moves up so in theory would your current, but at idle with any other accessories on at the same time, which alternator are you going to run to maintain a decent voltage for the base equipment? Had good luck with Galant VR4 alternators? I just installed one, but comment long term on it's operating characteristics.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:09 pm 
CSM Junkie

saturn 110amp. never look back. 57shipped brand new. super stable voltage. mitsu alternators suck.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:03 pm 
The Silent Administrator

I hear you on the Mitsu alternators. Once the guts are changed from genuine Mitsu, its a slippery slope downhill at that point.

I didn't switch to the Saturn unit only because I had space concerns and a limited time frame. Maybe next time ... once my rebuilt Bosch unit gacks, and the 2 year product and roadside warranty run out.