4g61t.org

Specializing in the 3g CSM
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:28 pm 

just saw this new area so i thought id restart in here and post a update and all current pictures.
got the motor swapped in so far my to do list is the following:
255 walbro fuel pump
still need to get the wire harness installed and connected to the van to get it started.
tap intake manifold for map sensor
tap exhaust manifold for egt sensor
get a ets 1g fmic for her
install boost and egt gauges
and probably more but can't think of it at the moment, planning on getting this project finished up by july for sure but definitely want to put some expensive parts on her including some work 18in rims, so she sits.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:16 pm 

started on her again today, installed the intermediate shaft and bolted up the wheels, got the wire harness pulled through the firewall, gave my intake manifold to my buddy to tap it for my aem 5 bar map sensor, i need the van done in a week or so. I've heard you only need to splice 2 wires to get her started can someone please help, i have a fsm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:20 pm 

got some more done today, the mpi wouldn't fit on the stock ecu tray so i drilled it out and bolted it on, finally got the stock exhaust off, the bolts were so rusted i had to wait to use my buddys saw zaw. also cut the bumper support in the front for my street ets fmic that I'm getting next weekend for the deal of only 350$, can't wait to drive her, I'm so broke i feel like a crack head buying shit for her, when i should be saving my money to move. o well the build continues, buying the fuel pump and thermostat online this week, should be done by next week.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:43 pm 
Spends Too Much Time Under The Hood

Wow, that is one restrictive stock exhaust! Hard to believe that I was able to 13.6 through it :)

I should so be able to do some comparison runs on the dyno.

Could you weigh the catback portion of it? I wan to see how much weight I can save by removing it.

01 Isuzu VehiCHROSS (winter beater) 17.0@80
80 Triumph TR7 (4G63 swap project)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:53 pm 

i can't even separate it from the catback but ill tell you just the muffler has gotta be 15lbs. more updates coming tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:37 pm 

Well, you are planning selling the cat to recycler for around $75-$100, right? :wink:

If so, just take a saw to it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:56 pm 

is that real because if it is i will, I'm gonna call around tomorrow and see where ill get that kind of money for it. I'm assuming the wires i need to splice are under the hood correct?, can anyone point me in the right direction, i don't want to work harder then needed.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 pm 

We have a "guy" in a club who sells them to recycling centers. Usually, he pays $75-$100 for DSM cats! They are larger than most cars! The price fluctuates, and it can be as little as $50.

Check your craigs list and locan junk yards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:00 am 

update*
moved to la and dropped her off at my boys shop daily driven performance to get er' done, bought a brand new ets fmic from ets for her, hopefully be driving her soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:03 pm 

is this car fwd? what mounts did you use?? I can see the side engine mount is a 1g dsm mount.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:28 am 

no its awd, i used the vans mounts except for the engine side, the stock one works it just needs to be modified to fit the twin cam

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am 

its been a while so heres my update, van is at my buddys shop, i just ordered a tial bov and a fpr kit off of streettunedmotorsports.com, should be here next week, i ended up getting a new old school buschur 1g fmic for her instead of the ets(it was half the price and same quality), it should be done by mid june but no matter what it will be done for Mitsubishi owners day in cypress on july 15th. hopefully there will be another summit or expo there, if your going hit me up lets caravan. its slowly moving along, so far I've put about 4gs into this build including purchase of the van and i don't have one complaint besides i haven't driven her yet

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:26 am 
CSM Junkie

Quote:
its been a while so heres my update, van is at my buddys shop, i just ordered a tial bov and a fpr kit off of streettunedmotorsports.com, should be here next week, i ended up getting a new old school buschur 1g fmic for her instead of the ets(it was half the price and same quality), it should be done by mid june but no matter what it will be done for Mitsubishi owners day in cypress on july 15th. hopefully there will be another summit or expo there, if your going hit me up lets caravan. its slowly moving along, so far I've put about 4gs into this build including purchase of the van and i don't have one complaint besides i haven't driven her yet
I've been trying to go again for some time. I think Micah and I will be going, 3 colts deep (one vista). Would be cool to dyno them.

'17 Fiesta ST

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 am 

ya I'm pretty sure the only way to get dynoed though is if road race picks you for the contest they do, they had a galant vr4 last year that took the 1g class i believe, forgot the exact hp but it was impressive. ill pm you around july and well meet up early and get spots next to each other

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 am 
CSM Junkie

If that's the case then the odds are pretty damn good!
Quote:
ya I'm pretty sure the only way to get dynoed though is if road race picks you for the contest they do, they had a galant vr4 last year that took the 1g class i believe, forgot the exact hp but it was impressive. ill pm you around july and well meet up early and get spots next to each other

'17 Fiesta ST