Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2002 7:00 pm
Location: Waterloo, ON Canada
I had problems getting mine out there were a few people that gave me some good tips on pulling the dash I'll share them all here with this knowledge you should be able to pull the in about half an hour for this job you will need
10 mm socket
At least a 6 or 8 inch extention
Phillips Screw Driver.
Needle nose vice grips
Small slot screw driver always comes in handy for prying stuff
1. Remove the steering wheel (don't hit yourself in the face either)
2. Remove the Bezel around the steering wheel
3. Remove the turn signal stalks
4. Remove both the kick panels (If your Careful you don't have to remove the trim along the bottom of the door)
5. Remove the 2 10 mm bolts (one on each side)
6. Remove the black trim around the radio (its 4 screws)
7 There are 2 more 10 mm bolts at the bottom behind the black panel (down near where the ash tray is)
8. Remove the panel where the clock resides (or remove your clock if your ultra special)
9. Take out the one bolt back there
10. Remove the Corner vents (small vice grips work good here)
11. Remove the 10 mm bolts (1 per side)
12 Remove the black trim around you gauges (some people say this peice is utra breakable although I have never had an issue with any onf the ones I've pulled and haven't bee too nice to some of them...
13. Remove the speedo clustor
14. Remove the speedo cable from the dash leave the rest of the wiring in tact.
15. pull on the dash should come out a bit then reach under and un hook all the wiring going to the fuse panel should be 4 or 5 connectors and the dash should come out with out too many hang ups.
Hope this helps.