Ok, I know there are a few people on here that would be interested in seeing how somebody has done this rear brake swap. I'm not saying this is the end-all, only way to do it....just how I chose to improvise and make it reliable/sturdy.
http://www.4g61t.org/gallery/v/members/ ... s/brkswap/
If you didnt know, the rear axle beam on the turbo mirage has mounting points for the brake line brackets, and the drum brake rear has a single line bracket welded to the axle. You will need to cut these brackets off the drum brake rearend, and come up with a new method to mount the lines.
Some things to note:
Mitsu has discontinued the short little hardlines that connect the two flexible lines. I was at the junkyard looking at 1G FWDs, and bought brackets and hardlines for that application. I made billet steel mounts that bolt to the lower strut bolt, and gives you a place to bolt the line brackets to. Armed with a drill, hacksaw, grinder, and a hunk of angle iron, you could replicate the functionality of these mounts with much less effort.
Mitsu also discontinued the M10x1.25 x 25mm bolts that connect the brake bracket-bracket (sorry, dont know the real name) that bolts to the rear beam with 4 of these bolts. Look at the pictures, read the descriptions, youll see what I mean. I got socket head cap screws from mcmastercarr. Add some lockwashers, done deal.
I used brembo OE replacement rotors, metal master pads, RRE braided SS lines, cardone reman rear calipers, stock mirage turbo brackets, swapped to a mirage turbo proportioning valve, mirage turbo master cylinder, and all new bushings/pins/clips/ebrake cables/dust shields/wheel bearings, etc.
The work has paid off. I will be abled to slow down in time for the first turnoff at the track this year! Yay!
Any questions, ask away.