Glad to hear all went smoothly and they seem to be contacting well. Time to find some 1g front brackets for the summit!
James, heres an overview of the operation ahead:
Remove spindles from car.
Use a deep socket and press to push out center hub w/rotor assy from the backside of the hub. I have yet to do this without bending the piss out of the dust shields for some reason, Im sure if you use some care you can prevent this. Fortunately they are only $5ea NEW from the dealer.
pull seals and bearings, throw those greasy f'ers in the trash
wipe out all grease remaining with lots of paper towels, brakleen, etc.
You are left with a spindle that has outer bearing races in it. Take a chisel, 3lb hammer, and find the 4 relief areas between the bearings. Use chisel and hammer to remove them evenly. This is a press fit, and will not move if the race is cocked in there. Keep this in mind while driving them out.
Keep a few old outer races to use as your 'tool' while you press in the new bearing races, pack your new bearings full of grease and insert, put in the seals. Take your rotor off the hub (4 bolts w/nuts and lockwashers) and use a bearing separator to pull the top bearing off the hub. Press the new one on there the best you can, put the dust shield over the spindle if you have it still, and press the hub back into the bearings on the hub.
reassemble hubs onto car.
Its really not as hard as it may sound, but its a dirty job. Lots of use here have done it, not the end of the world.
Keep lots of paper towel on hand, make sure you have a press and random stuff around to 'fixture' it, (wood, metal hunks, sockets) and a bearing separator to pull the bearing off the hub. Count on an afternoon of downtime if youre well concentrated on getting it done and have accounted for all parts needed to do the job.
The small tin dust shield that Paul is talking about really can't be reused anyway on this upgrade because you will be going to a larger rotor. I thought about trying to fit the one from the Laser but decided to just leave it off all together.
I also didn't have a bearing seperator (even though they are only about $10 from Harbor Freight) so I took my dremel with the black cutoff wheel and cut the outer bearing ring off. Seperated it from the rest of the bearing and took all the little rollers out, cleaned it up and then VERY CAREFULLY cut through the inner bearing sleeve without contacting the stub axle itself. What this does is it weakens the bearing and it is no longer pressed on anymore and it can be twisted off. This would be much faster with the bearing seperator still.
I'm sure all this still sounds very confusing but like Paul said, once you actually get in there and start taking stuff apart it will become more clear what needs to be done.